Is an organization designed for the purpose of maintaining Christian Fellowship with seniors in our church and in the community, as well as contributing Christian service in the church, (assisting in various projects as the need arises). Our aim is to maintain old friendships, form new ones and avoid retirement boredom.
We meet once a month to enjoy outings to numerous points of interest in the area such as:
• a trip through the delta to Locke (old Chinese settlement of historic value) and lunch at "Al the Wops" restaurant
• a docent led tour of Tony LaRusso's "ARF", (an animal shelter in Walnut Creek), followed by lunch at Mary's Pizza Shack
• a trip via ferry to San Francisco to visit the historic Ferry Building and lunch on Fisherman's Wharf
• tours of the Oakland Museum and Oakland Zoo
• an epicurean delight at the Norsemen's Restaurant in the culinary school at Diablo Valley College
In addition, we also host luncheons at church with variable formats designed to attract your attention and provide public service, such as speakers who are experts on senior health and sheriff representatives presenting information about senior safety.
Future attractions of the Nifty Fifty Seniors will include a visit (in February) to an IMAX theater, a train trip to Old Sacramento in March and a tour of the Model of the Bay in Sausalito in April. Future activities will be updated on the website.
We encourage all seniors in the community to join us in Christian fellowship and enjoy visiting the numerous points of interest that our community offers to us.